TERRORISM AND CONSPIRACY OVER FAILED MERCENARY PLOT IN VENEZUELA : INVOLVING THE US’S CITIZENS

Photo: The alleged conspirators face 25-30 years in prison [Defence Ministry of Venezuela/Anadolu] Via Aljazeera.com

Stramed, Venezuela has charged two former US soldiers with terrorism and conspiracy offences for taking part in a botched bid to oust President Nicolas Maduro, the country’s top prosecutor said on Friday.

Luke Alexander Denman and Airan Berry were among at least 17 people captured by the Venezuelan military following a foiled attempt by mercenaries to kidnap President Maduro in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Attorney General Tarek William Saab said the ex-soldiers had been charged with “terrorism, conspiracy, illicit trafficking of weapons of war and [criminal] association,” and could face up to 30 years in prison.

Saab’s office also requested the detention and extradition of US military veteran Jordan Goudreau and two Venezuelans accused of orchestrating the failed incursion.

Maduro said on Thursday that evidence will soon come to light that will show that US President Donald Trump himself ordered the plot. Trump later dismissed the idea, saying he would have done things differently, ordering a full “invasion.” (https://www.rt.com/news/488195-americans-charged-terrorism-conspiracy-venezuela-coup/)

Meanwhile in Jakarta, Indonesia, an international relationships issues observer, Herdiansyah Rahman said for two the US’s citizens who had involved in failed coup in Venezuela will take seriously charge until death penalty. “I think the Venezuelan government will take brave decision to give death penalty for two the US’s citizens because terrorism and insurgency are seriously criminals international act which can violate and bother other country’s national dignity,” Herdiansyah explained further (Red).

Related Posts

Human Trafficking Recruiters Still Operate Widely

KN. Indonesia has tightened border controls to combat human trafficking and illegal labor recruitment. Between January and July 2026, immigration authorities prevented 8,287 Indonesians from departing through unauthorized employment channels…

Indonesia Prepares Long-Term Contract for Russian Crude

Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Bahlil Lahadalia said that the Indonesian government is willing to purchase Russian oil on a long-term basis. He added that the second phase of crude…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *