The militants have fired at least eight missiles at the Israeli city

KN. The Palestinian militant group Hamas said on Sunday that it had fired rockets at Tel Aviv, its first such attack on the Israeli city in nearly four months.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) confirmed the incident, sharing footage of the missiles. The military said it intercepted several of the eight incoming projectiles without giving an exact number.

“A barrage of rockets was launched from Rafah toward central Israel moments ago. Humanitarian aid has been going into Gaza through the Kerem Shalom Crossing this morning, and now rockets are being fired at central Israel. This is what it looked like from the Rafah Crossing,” the IDF stated on X.

Footage circulating online indicates that the attack inflicted only minor damage on the ground in the Tel Aviv area; at least one residential home was hit by debris and a large crater was left in an open area. There were no immediate reports of injuries.

The missiles are said to have been launched from the Rafah area of Gaza, situated near the Palestinian enclave’s border with Egypt, where the IDF has been conducting a major military operation against Hamas.

The Palestinian group’s military wing, the Al-Qassam Brigades, claimed responsibility for the attack moments after the barrage, stating the launch came “in response to the Zionist massacres against civilians” in Gaza.

The ongoing Israeli offensive against Rafah, a densely populated city in southern Gaza which has swelled due to an influx of more than 1 million refugees from other parts of the Palestinian enclave, has garnered widespread international condemnation. Despite repeated warnings not to invade from the international community, including Washington, Israel stormed the region on May 7, promptly severing the enclave’s land access to Egypt by capturing the Rafah border crossing.

Earlier this week, the United Nations’ top judicial body, the International Court of Justice (ICJ), ordered Israel to immediately halt its operation in Rafah. The court said it was “not convinced that the evacuation efforts and the related measures that Israel affirms to have undertaken” were sufficient to “alleviate the immense risk” to civilians. While the ICJ’s rulings are both binding and final, the body has no actual means to enforce them.

  • Related Posts

    Human Trafficking Recruiters Still Operate Widely

    KN. Indonesia has tightened border controls to combat human trafficking and illegal labor recruitment. Between January and July 2026, immigration authorities prevented 8,287 Indonesians from departing through unauthorized employment channels…

    Indonesia Prepares Long-Term Contract for Russian Crude

    Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Bahlil Lahadalia said that the Indonesian government is willing to purchase Russian oil on a long-term basis. He added that the second phase of crude…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *